|Lee Brown Coye began his career running a sign shop. In 1934 he received his first painting commission to do six murals for Cazenovia Central School. The murals depict the history of Central New York. He worked as an artist and art director for the Flack Advertising Agency in Syracuse, New York. In 1947 he became a professor at Colgate University. His work has been exhibited at the Whitney Museum of American Art, Cayuga Museum of History and Art, Syracuse Museum of Fine Arts, Skidmore College and Colgate. A complete collection of his work is housed at the SUNY Morrisville College Library.